The final 11th and the penultimate round of the 44th Chess Olympiad ended today. At the culmination of the round and the tournament, we have our winners for both the categories.
- Uzbekistan bagged the gold medal in the Open Category with a victory over Netherlands.
- Armenia bagged the silver medal, after defeating Spain 2.5-1.5, narrowly missing out on the gold.
- India 2 bagged the bronze medal upon defeating Germany 3-1.
- Ukraine won the gold medal in the Women’s Category by defeating Poland 3-1.
- Georgia won the silver medal after defeating Azerbaijan 3-1.
- India won the bronze medal despite losing 1-3 to the US.
Hosts India won bronze medals in both the categories of the tournament, with the Women’s Team narrowly missing out on the Gold.