The 16th Annual Philadelphia International is a chess tournament held annually in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The tournament is a nine-round Swiss system event and is typically held in late June. The Philadelphia International has become a popular tournament for players of all levels.
We highly encourage Chess Gaja students to take part in this major chess tournament in the US circuits this summer.
Event Date :
The event is scheduled to take place from Saturday, June 24, 2023, to Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
The event will be hosted at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, 201 North 17th St, Philadelphia PA 19103
One section is available for participation to all individuals.
- Guaranteed prizes amounting to $20,000, utilizing FIDE ratings for both pairings and prize distribution.
- Prize distribution: $6000 for first place, $4000 for second place, $2000 for third place, $1500 for fourth place, $1200 for fifth place, $800 for sixth place, $700 for seventh place, and $600 for eighth place.
- A clear or tiebreak bonus of $200 is awarded.
- An additional prize of $2000 for the top FIDE-rated player with a rating under 2300 or unrated.
- Late registration concludes on Saturday at 10 am.
- Rounds take place on Saturday at 11 am and 5 pm, on Sunday to Tuesday at 10 am and 4 pm, and on Wednesday at 10 am.
Fair play measures :
- Two half-point byes are offered.
- Players must commit to taking the byes before round 3.
- If a player chooses to take a bye, it is not possible for them to achieve a FIDE norm.
To register for the event – https://chessaction.com/index.php?vendor=Continental%20Chess%20Association
All the best for the tournament from Chess Gaja.